The Gift to the World

18:33




Christmas is a time that some call the most wonderful time of the year. Families gather from around the world to share in love and fellowship. It is also a time where people buy gifts and presents to show appreciation and affection to their loved ones. However for Christians it is the time where we remember the birth of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ, the man who died for the sins of the world.

As I sit here and I think the fact that we often become so preoccupied with finding the best gifts for our families and friends, my heart is moved as I realize the fact that God also thought to give us a gift.

I would encourage you to go through the Salvation Series on this blog
( http://stillsilentwhispers.blogspot.com/search/label/Salvation%20Series ) to get a better understanding of what we are about to discuss.

I remember reading a study guide written by my apostle, Mary Banks, the chapter I was reading was entitled: Doing Away with Dual Nature. DUAL NATURE IS A FALSE DOCTRINE, that says that we have 2 natures, one a divine nature (of God) and a carnal nature (of the flesh/devil). However we learnt in the Salvation Series that we only have one nature, when we receive the Holy Ghost, and that nature is a divine nature. However the doctrine of dual nature is embedded in the fact that many presume that the flesh after salvation is still sinful and has devilish characteristics. THIS IS ERROR.

Here are a few scriptures that are often used in support of the false doctrine.

Rom 7:12-24 
12 Wherefore the law is holy, and the commandment holy, and just, and good.
13 Was then that which is good made death unto me? God forbid. But sin, that it might appear sin, working death in me by that which is good; that sin by the commandment might become exceeding sinful. 
14 For we know that the law is spiritual:but I am carnal, sold under sin. 
15 For that which I do I allow not:for what I would, that do I not; but what I hate, that do I. 
16 If then I do that which I would not, I consent unto the law that it is good.
17 Now then it is no more I that do it, but sin that dwelleth in me. 
18 For I know that in me (that is, in my flesh,) dwelleth no good thing:for to will is present with me; but how to perform that which is good I find not. 
19 For the good that I would I do not:but the evil which I would not, that I do. 
20 Now if I do that I would not, it is no more I that do it, but sin that dwelleth in me.

21 I find then a law, that, when I would do good, evil is present with me. 
22 For I delight in the law of God after the inward man:
23 But I see another law in my members, warring against the law of my mind, and bringing me into captivity to the law of sin which is in my members. 
24 O wretched man that I am! who shall deliver me from the body of this death?

Often this scripture is interpreted to mean we as Sons of God may desire to walk holy but once we are in these bodies we cannot, because the flesh itself is sinful. They minister that the flesh of the Saint has sin in it. That when a Saint would want to do good evil is present so the good they desire to do they cannot do it. But rather they are sold under sin.

Firstly in responding to this scripture I would ask, if we are sold under sin, why does the scripture also testify that we have been bought with a price?

1Co 6:20
For ye are bought with a price:therefore glorify God in your body, and in your spirit, which are God's.

Not only are we bought with a price, but our Bodies belong to God. The very members of our bodies are Christ's (1 Cor 6:15). Why then would God's body be sinful and sold under sin? Why would the literal body of Christ have sin in it? These are questions that need to be answered in light of Dual Nature, because they cause the doctrine to sound ludicrous.

Without further delay let us explain the scripture, Romans 7. I would say one of the most important parts of this scripture (in order for us to understand what Paul speaks of) is verse 5.

Rom 7:5
For when we were in the flesh, the motions of sins, which were by the law, did work in our members to bring forth fruit unto death.

There is an important word in that verse and it is 'WERE'. Paul says that when we were in the flesh, sin was in the flesh. We will find that the rest of this scripture is written from the perspective of an unsaved man. A man whose flesh is sinful because sin and death was passed upon him by Adam. (See Salvation Series). However the Sons of God are not in the flesh but in the Spirit. Look at the following chapter

Rom 8:8-9
So then they that are in the flesh cannot please God.
9 But ye are not in the flesh, but in the Spirit, if so be that the Spirit of God dwell in you. Now if any man have not the Spirit of Christ, he is none of his.
10 And if Christ be in you, the body is dead because of sin; but the Spirit is life because of righteousness.
11 But if the Spirit of him that raised up Jesus from the dead dwell in you, he that raised up Christ from the dead shall also quicken your mortal bodies by his Spirit that dwelleth in you.

Romans 7 does not apply to us because we are not in the flesh, but we are in the Spirit (See Part 8 of Salvation Series). In fact it goes unto say that if Christ is in our bodies then the body itself is dead because of sin. This means that because the body was sinful before, it had to die for its sin at salvation - it died to sin. However the Spirit is life, and it is the Spirit that raises up our dead bodies sinless, during the operation of salvation.

Paul makes mention of the fact (in verse 24) that he needed to be delivered from the body of death, but then he follows and thanks God through Jesus Christ. It is Jesus who delivers us from the bodies of death at salvation. We put on a new man at salvation, which is the body with the Holy Ghost in it. The new man cannot sin because the seed of God remains in it. (1 John 3:9)

Gal 5:16-17
16 This I say then, Walk in the Spirit, and ye shall not fulfil the lust of the flesh. 
17 For the flesh lusteth against the Spirit, and the Spirit against the flesh:and these are contrary the one to the other:so that ye cannot do the things that ye would.

The scripture above is also used to confirm the Dual Nature doctrine. To them it suggests that the flesh (the body) is at war with the Holy Ghost. The flesh is sinful and the Holy Ghost is righteous. It leaves us to think that, seeing these 2 are at war we cannot live holy because there will always be times when the flesh is more powerful than the Holy Ghost.

It sounds crazy when you put it that way doesn't it.

For this scripture to be understood we must read it in its context.

Gal 5:1-18
1 Stand fast therefore in the liberty wherewith Christ hath made us free, and be not entangled again with the yoke of bondage. 
2 Behold, I Paul say unto you, that if ye be circumcised, Christ shall profit you nothing. 
3 For I testify again to every man that is circumcised, that he is a debtor to do the whole law. 
4 Christ is become of no effect unto you, whosoever of you are justified by the law; ye are fallen from grace. 
5 For we through the Spirit wait for the hope of righteousness by faith. 
6 For in Jesus Christ neither circumcision availeth any thing, nor uncircumcision; but faith which worketh by love.
7 Ye did run well; who did hinder you that ye should not obey the truth? 
8 This persuasion cometh not of him that calleth you. 
9 A little leaven leaveneth the whole lump. 
10 I have confidence in you through the Lord, that ye will be none otherwise minded:but he that troubleth you shall bear his judgment, whosoever he be.
11 And I, brethren, if I yet preach circumcision, why do I yet suffer persecution? then is the offence of the cross ceased. 
12 I would they were even cut off which trouble you.
13 For, brethren, ye have been called unto liberty; only use not liberty for an occasion to the flesh, but by love serve one another. 
14 For all the law is fulfilled in one word, even in this; Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself. 
15 But if ye bite and devour one another, take heed that ye be not consumed one of another.
16 This I say then, Walk in the Spirit, and ye shall not fulfil the lust of the flesh. 
17 For the flesh lusteth against the Spirit, and the Spirit against the flesh:and these are contrary the one to the other:so that ye cannot do the things that ye would. 
18 But if ye be led of the Spirit, ye are not under the law.

Above I have highlighted important points and underline even more important points. In context this scripture deals with division in the church. There had been some in the church at Galatia that preached the law of Moses, rather than freedom in Christ. This is a consistent theme throughout the book. The book focuses on showing how Jesus Christ is the end of all facets of the law. However there were some that crept into the church in his absence preaching the law.

Let us consider this. Using the knowledge we attained with Romans 7, the law was given to men who were in the flesh. The law would point to customs and rituals, however it could not free the people from sin. However when Jesus Christ came he ended the law, because He was able to end sin in man, by entering man. Therefore there would be no need for the law, if a man is holy. The law is given to the lawless.

1Ti 1:9-10
9 Knowing this, that the law is not made for a righteous man, but for the lawless and disobedient, for the ungodly and for sinners, for unholy and profane, for murderers of fathers and murderers of mothers, for manslayers, 
10 For whoremongers, for them that defile themselves with mankind, for menstealers, for liars, for perjured persons, and if there be any other thing that is contrary to sound doctrine;

Therefore those that performed the works of the law were sinful and unrighteous. The law was given to men who were in the flesh and the law included works of the flesh, such as circumcision. When Paul speaks in the 5th chapter of Galatians he is speaking to the fact there are some in the church that follow after the law and some that follow after Christ, and so the church as a whole cannot do what they would.

There are some that walk after the flesh and there are some that walk after the Spirit, and these two are contrary one to the other. This means that if there are some that walk after the law (flesh) they will never agree with the doctrine of Christ, which is freedom from the law. So the church as a whole cannot perform the works of Christ because they are divided and a kingdom divided against itself cannot stand.

I hope you are seeing this clearly.

Let us not forget
Rom 7:5-9
5 For when we were in the flesh, the motions of sins, which were by the law, did work in our members to bring forth fruit unto death. 
6 But now we are delivered from the law, that being dead wherein we were held; that we should serve in newness of spirit, and not in the oldness of the letter.
7 What shall we say then? Is the law sin? God forbid. Nay, I had not known sin, but by the law:for I had not known lust, except the law had said, Thou shalt not covet. 
8 But sin, taking occasion by the commandment, wrought in me all manner of concupiscence. For without the law sin was dead. 
9 For I was alive without the law once:but when the commandment came, sin revived, and I died.

The motions (emotions) of sins were working in the flesh, by the law. Paul gives, in Gal 5 a list of the works (motions of sins) that the law produced in man (works of the flesh), then he juxtaposes them to the fruit that the Spirit produces.

Gal 5:19-25
19 Now the works of the flesh are manifest, which are these; Adultery, fornication, uncleanness, lasciviousness, 
20 Idolatry, witchcraft, hatred, variance, emulations, wrath, strife, seditions, heresies, 
21 Envyings, murders, drunkenness, revellings, and such like:of the which I tell you before, as I have also told you in time past, that they which do such things shall not inherit the kingdom of God.
22 But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith, 
23 Meekness, temperance:against such there is no law
24 And they that are Christ's have crucified the flesh with the affections and lusts
25 If we live in the Spirit, let us also walk in the Spirit.

Paul makes the point that the Spirit is not against the law, in that it fulfils all the law. He continues to say that they that are Christ's have crucified the flesh, with its sin! This would be a direct contradiction to what is said in verse 17 - For the flesh lusteth against the Spirit, and the Spirit against the flesh:and these are contrary the one to the other:so that ye cannot do the things that ye would. How can the flesh be crucified with its affections and lusts in one verse and then lusting in the other?

This is why context is important.

I believe the Doctrines of Christ that really destroy the false doctrine of Dual Nature are the Doctrine of the Circumcision of the Flesh and the Doctrine of Putting on the New Man. (See part 8 of the Salvation Series). However this post is about God's gift to the world. It also destroys the doctrine that the flesh is sinful.

THE GIFT OF GOD

Let us follow with this conversation Jesus had with the Pharisees and Israelites

Jn 6:24-35, & 41-64
24 When the people therefore saw that Jesus was not there, neither his disciples, they also took shipping, and came to Capernaum, seeking for Jesus. 
25 And when they had found him on the other side of the sea, they said unto him, Rabbi, when camest thou hither? 
26 Jesus answered them and said, Verily, verily, I say unto you, Ye seek me, not because ye saw the miracles, but because ye did eat of the loaves, and were filled. 
27 Labour not for the meat which perisheth, but for that meat which endureth unto everlasting life, which the Son of man shall give unto you:for him hath God the Father sealed. 

Jesus lets us know that there exists a meat that endures unto everlasting life. There is significance in the word endure here, it suggests that the effect of this meat will last until one receives everlasting life.

28 Then said they unto him, What shall we do, that we might work the works of God?
29 Jesus answered and said unto them, This is the work of God, that ye believe on him whom he hath sent. 
30 They said therefore unto him, What sign shewest thou then, that we may see, and believe thee? what dost thou work? 
31 Our fathers did eat manna in the desert; as it is written, He gave them bread from heaven to eat. 32 Then Jesus said unto them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, Moses gave you not that bread from heaven; but my Father giveth you the true bread from heaven. 
33 For the bread of God is he which cometh down from heaven, and giveth life unto the world. 
34 Then said they unto him, Lord, evermore give us this bread. 
35 And Jesus said unto them, I am the bread of life:he that cometh to me shall never hunger; and he that believeth on me shall never thirst. 

The Jews responded rather disrespectfully. They tried to ridicule Jesus, because he had "merely" fed the multitudes with 2 fish and 5 loaves, as opposed to Moses' miracle, that God wrought through him when bread (manna) fell from heaven. However Jesus makes the point here that Moses did not give the true bread from heaven. The bread of God is however a person (he - verse 33). Jesus continues to say that He is the bread of life. This is significant because bread is to be eaten, however this bread is Jesus Christ.

41 The Jews then murmured at him, because he said, I am the bread which came down from heaven. 42 And they said, Is not this Jesus, the son of Joseph, whose father and mother we know? how is it then that he saith, I came down from heaven? 
43 Jesus therefore answered and said unto them, Murmur not among yourselves. 
44 No man can come to me, except the Father which hath sent me draw him:and I will raise him up at the last day. 
45 It is written in the prophets, And they shall be all taught of God. Every man therefore that hath heard, and hath learned of the Father, cometh unto me. 
46 Not that any man hath seen the Father, save he which is of God, he hath seen the Father. 
47 Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that believeth on me hath everlasting life. 

There were rumours that had spread around Israel concerning Jesus' birth. He was said to be born of fornication. Therefore the Jews often referred to His birth when dealing with Him. It was greatly frowned upon to be born of fornication, therefore whenever Jesus would suggest that He was the Son of God the Jews would often think of Joseph being His father. However, Jesus responds to them saying that their unbelief is simply a manifestation that they were rejected of God. (No man can come to me, except the Father which hath sent me draw him)

48 I am that bread of life
49 Your fathers did eat manna in the wilderness, and are dead. 
50 This is the bread which cometh down from heaven, that a man may eat thereof, and not die. 
51 I am the living bread which came down from heaven:if any man eat of this bread, he shall live for ever:and the bread that I will give is my flesh, which I will give for the life of the world. 
52 The Jews therefore strove among themselves, saying, How can this man give us his flesh to eat?

Here we see a mystery unfolding. Earlier we learnt of a meat that endureth unto everlasting life. Then we learnt of the bread of God, who is Jesus Himself. Now Jesus explains exactly what the bread is - His flesh.

53 Then Jesus said unto them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, Except ye eat the flesh of the Son of man, and drink his blood, ye have no life in you
54 Whoso eateth my flesh, and drinketh my blood, hath eternal life; and I will raise him up at the last day. 
55 For my flesh is meat indeed, and my blood is drink indeed. 
56 He that eateth my flesh, and drinketh my blood, dwelleth in me, and I in him
57 As the living Father hath sent me, and I live by the Father:so he that eateth me, even he shall live by me. 

We learnt in the Salvation Series that Jesus was in God and God was in Jesus. This simply means that Jesus' soul was in God and God was in Jesus' flesh. Jesus was alive because God was in His flesh, he therefore "lived by the Father". We learnt also that at salvation the same operation happens to us. We are placed in Christ and Christ is in us. This means the same thing. Jesus is in our bodies and our souls are in Jesus.

So in applying this, we have learnt that the meat and bread that He speaks of here is His flesh. Then Jesus continues to say that we must eat His flesh and drink His blood. The Jews immediately went to cannibalism however Jesus explained what he meant.

56 He that eateth my flesh, and drinketh my blood, dwelleth in me, and I in him

It therefore means that to eat and drink the flesh and blood of Christ is for Christ to be placed in our flesh and our souls placed in Christ. Jesus said that we ought to eat His flesh, this simply means that the flesh we put on at salvation, (which is the new man [see part 8 of Salvation Series]) has Jesus' Spirit in it. It therefore belongs to him. It is when our souls put on the new man that we (our souls) partake of this new man. The action of partaking is when we eat His flesh, meaning we are made one with the body of Christ.

58 This is that bread which came down from heaven:not as your fathers did eat manna, and are dead:he that eateth of this bread shall live for ever. 
59 These things said he in the synagogue, as he taught in Capernaum. 
60 Many therefore of his disciples, when they had heard this, said, This is an hard saying; who can hear it? 
61 When Jesus knew in himself that his disciples murmured at it, he said unto them, Doth this offend you? 
62 What and if ye shall see the Son of man ascend up where he was before? 
63 It is the spirit that quickeneth; the flesh profiteth nothing:the words that I speak unto you, they are spirit, and they are life. 
64 But there are some of you that believe not. For Jesus knew from the beginning who they were that believed not, and who should betray him.

Jesus comforts us here that we be not confused. The flesh profits nothing - meaning this is not about getting a knife and fork and eating a human body. He lets us know here that its not about the flesh, but what he speaks of here is that His Spirit, The Holy Spirit, will quicken (bring alive) the flesh at salvation. It is at this point that we put on the new man.

When I was reading the study guide, the Lord said to me, "The gift I give unto the world is my flesh.". The above scripture instantly came to me, and my understanding was opened. Yes, he gave His flesh for the sins of the world on the cross, but what the Lord meant when he spoke to me was that he gave the new man as a gift to the world.

Seeing that His flesh is the gift to the world, our flesh cannot be sinful, because the new man is Christ Jesus in the flesh and he cannot sin. What this says is that the flesh we have in salvation is in fact necessary for us to walk holy and perfect. It is the gift to the world. This is a direct contradiction to the Dual Nature doctrine that encourages us to get rid of the flesh.

Now we can see from God's perspective. God makes all things perfect. Why would he make us imperfect at salvation. Why would we by our doctrines render God incapable to free us from sin. No He made us perfect at salvation and even our bodies are sanctified.

Eph 4:24

And that ye put on the new man, which after God is created in righteousness and true holiness.

The body we have after salvation is necessary for us to live holy. It is God's gift to us. It is made in righteousness and true holiness that if our souls are placed in it (put it on) we may live free from sin.

Now any man who puts on the new man, who is Jesus Christ, can live free from sin and as Jesus remains in the flesh, he will lead us unto everlasting life.

What a gift to receive!

with love
Apostle Kareem Flowers



You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook

Flickr Images

Contact Form